Thursday, September 5, 2013

Where are the Jelly and Groovy template scripts located in jenkins?

The Email-ext plugin page says the templates are located in $JENKINS_HOME_\email-templates_.
I searched a lot to find the html.jelly script as I wanted to make changes to the default.
But didn't find them with any search until I unzipped classes.jar in $JENKINS_HOME/plugins/email-ext/WEB-INF/.

Now to test your changes you have to change the jelly file and jar classes folder again and put in /lib folder.

There is an easier way. Move the classes.jar to WEB-INF folder of email-ext plugin and unzip it. Now you can make changes in the files and test them right away!

You can find a template in my other post How to show stacktrace, standard output and standard error of each test failure in jenkins mail

1 comment:

  1. Hey Habib,

    I also get the same problem. I wanted to include a html style email content to recipient.
    Do you know , how to use Jelly email template for this purpose ?

    ReplyDelete